Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Assignment 1: Final Images

Focus- Chaos
Focus- Chaos
For this image, I really wanted to capture the amazing things you can do with auto-focus in a "chaotic" way. I placed the ball in the corner of the frame with a spotlight next to it so that the light radiated through the ball and unto my subject. I responded to the theme "chaos" after being inspired by the sticker section in Michael's; the stickers were childish, fun, but really... chaotic. My goal was to remain focused on the chaotic aspect of the image, the subjects face, while having a serene, radiant light which the subject is laying on top of.


Large Aperture- Animated
Large Aperature- Animated
While posing my model in all sorts of positions around the room, I totally neglected the beautiful chandelier that was dangling in the center of the room. This chandelier is elegant, gaudy, and so very sparkly, so I wanted it to be my main focus with the subject slightly lit in the background. My goal was to create a fun, "animated", and girly photograph simply with a tangle of diamonds and a happy girl in the back. The subject is slightly covered up by the chandelier which is unusual but eye-catching. Also, I feel the contrast is nicely balanced; the chandelier is so bright, the subject is illuminated, and the background is black.


Large Aperture- Illusion
Large Aperature-Illusion
This photograph does exactly what the title says; creates an illusion. This photograph happened accidentally. I was taking pictures standing in front of the television when I turned around and saw her reflection in the television. This inspired me to capture her "alter-ego," blurred and distant. You almost have to do a double-take to fully understand this photograph which is my favorite part about it. The lighting is subtle and I feel that the perspective is very original.


Fast Shutter Speed- Unpredictable
Fast Shutter Speed- Unpredictable
This photograph sums up innocence, playfulness, and unpredictable into one snowy and tangled photograph. I chose this image as my final out of all the images taken in this scene because I love how I captured her hair covering her face. That aspect of the photograph makes the subject look even more "unpredictable." I really like the layers of the scarf and the patterns they create, and I also like how the tree frames her perfectly. I chose to take the picture while she was on top of the dark, reflective pavement and shoot the white snow in the background to create an environmental contrast that attracts the eye towards the floating scarfs.


High Contrast Lighting- Superhero
High Contrast Lighting- Superhero
Again, Michael's inspired me on this photograph. While walking down the aisles I spotted this mask and it just reeked of "superhero-ness." I balanced this photograph by creating two images; the superhero and her dark shadow. I set up a spotlight on the left side of her face which shadowed beautifully on the dark curtain backdrop. I positioned her so that her boned stuck out by her neck and created a deeper shadow. I feel like this photograph is elegantly simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment