Thursday, February 17, 2011

Recreation 3: Memory

Recreation of Memory

The idea behind this recreation was that I wanted to take a childhood memory of learning how to ride a bike, and compare it to my biking skills today. That is just simply put. There is a deeper meaning though. When I was five years old, my oldest brother Eric spend the entire day with me teaching me how to ride a bike. The excitement I had when I finally figured out how to stay balanced was so intense I felt like I had to show the world! As a child, my enthusiasm to try new things and experiment in life was beautiful. I had so much creative determination to succeed or continue until I succeeded. As I grew up, I lost that childhood inhibition and perseverance. I find myself opting for the easy way out and sometimes disregarding goals in life.

The top picture represents my childhood; a carefree, warm and fuzzy lifestyle. I chose to make the first image blurry partly because I wanted to express energy and partly because I faintly remember my childhood. I wanted to shoot just the moving wheels and the reflection to show the simplicity yet projection of my childhood. In the second photograph, I captured a much larger picture. I chose to add the garbage in the background to show how I can "throw away" my goals in life. That is also why I chose to throw my bike in the snow as though I had forgotten about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment