Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recreation: Got Milk?

Original Image:




Recreation:



Is the Got Milk? Campaign a form of sexist attempts to sell sex? Does it use a sexy model to sell it's product, or is it simply trying to promote healthy nutrition?



This idea behind this photo was to take the glamour out of the Got Milk? advertisements. Personally, I think the Got Milk? ad's are disgusting. A milk mustache is NOT appealing in anyway and DEFINITELY does not make me want to drink a glass of milk. Mustaches should be saved for the faces of men. My idea behind this photo was to put on a grotesque face. Danica Patrick attempts to make milk look sexy. I strayed from this idea.
My general statement on the concept of this photograph is that advertisements usually use sex to sell and if you take a step back and really look at whats going on (milk being stuck to a woman's upper lip) it really de-glamourizes the whole advertisement campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment